Sunday, March 22, 2009

Twilight

Twilight is a movie based on a book in the "Twilight" series.  It's the first story in a four part list.  I didn't think I was going to like this movie as it seemed to appeal mainly to teenagers and romance enthusiasts from the previews and from what I've heard.  The movie surprised me.

I actually liked it and I was interested in it the whole time.  I can't say if the adoption from book to movie is any good because I never read the book but the movie was well done.  The special effects of the vampires powers were well done, and the way the vampires were portrayed was also well done.  Everyone has a different take on the vampires and I liked the approach they used.

The romance piece of the movie was definitely the center of the story but it didn't soak up every ounce of the other aspects so I respected that.  If you don't normally like romance movies (like me) then you still should give this one a chance.  7/10

1 comment:

john.cook said...

I haaaaaaated this movie SO BAD. I've seen blank sheets of paper that were more interesting. The only movie ever made that was worse than this was Eragon. If you watched Eragon in its entirety without committing suicide, you are some sort of masochistic showoff.