Saturday, June 6, 2009

Nub habano torpedo

The nub line of cigars from oliva are excellent smokes. Small in length but large in ring gauge, and packed very tight with tobacco makes for a very long slow burning cigar. You may think that this is a quickie but you will be surprised. I last reviewed the Connecticut and the same praise I gave also applies to the habano.

The habano is a darker version of the Connecticut which is more up my alley. You will still find hints of cedar but with more of a nutty chocolate flavor. There is a maduro nub coming out soon and I wish I would have grabbed the pre-release version that they were offering with the box but decided against it (I’m poor damnit!).

I once bought a box of these (contains an odd 24 which is not normal for most cigars) and smoked them within a months time. This cigar offers a nice draw, slow burn, thick smoke, full flavored taste, and is a good cigar for just relaxing with a beer (wait, aren’t all cigars?).

I give the nub line of cigars from oliva a 9/10 and the habano a 9/10.

No comments: